We start our journey in the United States of America. This country is referred to as the melting pot, as it is flooded each year with immigrants from all over the world, combining their individual cultures to create the American culture. This country has one of the strongest militaries in the world.
While you are here there are some important sites to see:
- The Statue of Liberty on Liberty Island, New York. This statue was given to the U.S. from France as a gift of friendship, and now stands for a symbol of democracy and freedom.
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial in South Dakota. This is a memorial to 4 U.S. presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln.
- Yosemite National Park in California.
- Yellowstone National Park. A great look into the beautiful landscape.
- Washington D.C. the nation's capital and home to the President and Congress
Yellowstone National Park